Warm Spaces Resources
- Risk assessment templates:
- Food safety and hygiene – guidance from Stroud District Council’s Environmental Health team
- An inclusive welcome – how to make your space welcome and inclusive
- Setting up a warm space in your community – tips and guidance from the Chartered Institute of Libraries and Information Professionals, commissioned by Martin Lewis, the money-saving expert
- Warm Welcome – a step-by-step guide for faith groups
- Code of Conduct for visitors– a template for you to adapt for your warm space
- Worrying about Money? – leaflet on how to access support and financial advice in Stroud and Cotswolds districts
- Mental Health (Adults) – key contacts for mental health services for adults
- Mental Health (Children) – key contacts for mental health services for children and young people
- Helping people through emotional distress – a guide commissioned by GCC during the pandemic to help professionals and volunteers understand mental health disorders, how to spot them and the most effective means of support
Creative Sustainability is hosting a funding platform via Open Collective called Stroud District Warm Spaces. Register your space as a collective using this step by step guide and increase your chances of getting funding to support your warm space offer.
Free training is available for community groups and volunteers across Stroud district via:
- Stroud District Council’s e-learning portal ‘melearning‘. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to access it.
- Gloucestershire County Council’s e-Learning portal LearnPro. Please follow the instructions via the user guide here. If you have any questions, please write to email@example.com or call 01452 324306.