We are a Values-led Organisation
Everything we do is underpinned by three values
• INCLUSION: ensuring inclusion of marginalised people, supporting their autonomy, raising expectations and access to opportunities for work, leisure, belonging and health
• SUSTAINABILITY: developing knowledge and understanding of social, climate and natural environment issues, strengthening resilience of people and our local communities
• EMPOWERMENT: advocate for people and communities, facilitating them to become more enabled, empowered and have a confident voice in their local and global community.
- To address and challenge marginalisation at individual, community and societal level through amplifying grassroots voices, influencing and facilitating change to systems of public funding and service contracts in order to create better outcomes for people and communities.
- To respond to the needs of all young people, with a physical hub and multiple opportunities to access resources, connections, support, advocacy and representation, towards better mental, emotional and physical health and wellbeing.
- Collaborating with all sectors to address issues at individual, community and societal level, and find solutions that meet existing and emerging needs for people and communities
- Bridging the cultural, trust and understanding gaps between the community sector and public bodies, and major funders, to create fairer, more effective partnerships, transactions and collaborations
- Establishing better procedure and practice where existing systems unfairly burden the community sector with financial, capacity, individual health and legal risks
- Focusing on marginalised youth, with residentials, activities, workshops, learning, volunteering and work opportunities that have been co-produced and evaluated with participants as equal stakeholders
- Providing a physical location that has multiple spaces and resources so that people can connect with support and expertise they need, explore and enjoy different activities, and access peer support to participate
- Responding to people’s specific needs and asks within a safe, supportive environment that gives time to develop confidence, friendships and interdependence, raises self-esteem and expectations
Planning & Delivery Premises
- Co-production with people and communities for whom the work is focused on
- Asset-based and community-led community development – those who need it inform it and can access it
- Participants are equal stakeholders along with us and the funder, and have an equal say in what happens
- Place-based facilitation, not service provision
- Partnership working to achieve sustainability and sharing of best practice models
- Creative approaches, seeing opportunities for innovation rather than problems.
- Take risks to create change, being comfortable with doing things differently.
We are committed to being both internally and externally
- Inclusive – valuing inclusion equality and co-production to build our community and our team
- Democratic – we recognise both self-agency and the need for formal communication and clear decision-making processes
- Supportive – we support people to develop autonomy through empathy and kindness
- Sustainability allies – it is entwined into all we do
- Change makers – seizing opportunities to challenge existing practices to bring about change
- Creative– we are a thinking, learning, responsive organisation on a journey of innovation, exploration and risk taking