Governance and Accessing Funding
- The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) – guidance on choosing the right legal structure.
- Thomson Reuters Foundation and Morrison Foerster: a comprehensive guide which explains the different legal structures and their associated advantages and disadvantages.
- Locality’s overview of legal structures is for new groups looking to decide which structure best suits their organisation.
- Gloucestershire Rural Community Council (GRCC) works with groups and organisations across Gloucestershire to enhance and develop their confidence, leadership and skills in order to develop their capacity and to provide services within the community. Contact the Community Development Team at email@example.com or call 01452 528491 to see how they can help.
- My Community – tips to help you cover the basics of funding applications.
- NCVO – Practical tips and step-by-step guides on how to find the money you need for your community group, organisation or charity.
- VCS Alliance – monthly funding bulletin produced for groups and organisations in Gloucestershire.
- Gloucestershire Funders – an informal group of funders who come together to provide one point of access to sources of financial support for charities and groups in Gloucestershire. Open all year round and managed by Barnwood Trust.
- My Funding Central – a database of local, national and international funding sources (same database as GrantFinder) with search functionality and free to use for community organisations with a turnover of less than £30,000.
- ActionFunder – grant funding platform that connects businesses and foundations with local community organisations and groups.